Friday, October 14, 2011

Frowsy

Frowsy
\FROW-zee\ , adjective; 

1. Habitually unkempt.



Being unkempt is one thing. But to make a habit out of it? That's commitment. Everyone can appreciate how hard it is to develop a habit. I've been attempting to save a percentage of my income for years and somehow always fall up short. Same thing goes for packing my lunches, going to the gym, and saying something nice to someone everyday, these are all things I've tried and failed to make a habit out of. 


So I stand here in great awe of the man who has made a habit out of looking sloppy and is able to do so on a regular basis. It's hard work looking like you've just rolled out of bed 5 minutes ago. Hats off to the frowsy, who sacrifice dignity for consistency. 


Frankly I'm jealous.I envy the man who wakes up every day and isn't bothered with the thought of pants. I dream of all the free time I would have if I didn't have to spend it ironing shirts. I would probably spend it rolling around on a pull out sofa, putting the perfect amount of wrinkles into a shirt to let everyone know I truly have nothing going on in my life. 


While I quietly judge the frowsy among us, they have the last laugh. I congratulate myself for being so well put together and making such a splendid first impression, whereas upon meeting me the frowsy merely think "You weren't important enough to change into a shirt without mustard stains on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment