Wednesday, November 30, 2011

churlish


churlish


CHUR-lish \  , adjective;
1.Boorish or rude.
2.Of a churl; peasantlike.
3.Stingy; mean.
4.Difficult to work or deal with, as soil.
 
I find I am my most churlish in the morning, which I define as any time before 2 pm. 
 
It isn't that I dislike morning so much as I don't appreciate the obligations morning brings. For example, being expected to "wake up" and "go to work" is a nuisance I could do without. I would enjoy mornings much more if I could move from my bed to my couch, or from my bed to another bed in an adjacent room. This would not only make me much easier to deal with, but it would dramatically improve the happiness of those around me. 
 
A good, long, hot shower tends to wash the churlishness away, but not far enough away that it forgets where I am. It waits outside the steamy heaven for me in the form of cold tiles and November air. Being cold is sure to make me difficult, but so is being too hot, so I suppose that's a wash. 
  
Commuting doesn't help me with my churlishness either. Having to slam on my brakes randomly because the woman driving in front of me decided it was crucial she merge into my lane at the very moment I was trying to take a sip of tea frustrates me to the point where I don't know if I want to cuss at her or cuss at my tea. This results in a generic sputtering sound that must make me look insane to anyone who happens to see me through my car window. 
 
By the time I arrive at work I have such a good churl going there is no hope for the day 

No comments:

Post a Comment