Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Orison

Orison - A prayer

We all need a prayer on occasion. A job interview, getting behind the wheel of a car after three and a half beers, walking down the aisle. But in today's politically correct world one is met with derision if you flat out ask a person to speak with God on your behalf. It takes so long to hash out what you mean by "prayer" that the wedding is already over and the marriage is heading for disaster. Ask a group of people for a prayer before you go over Niagara Falls in a barrel and someone is bound to correct you with a

"Um. Excuse me. I'm sorry I can't pray for you. I mean I'm spiritual and everything, I'm just not religious."

This disagreement lends bravery to all the other agnostics in the crowd, and the last thing you hear before tumbling over the Niagara is a debate breaking out between Darwinists, Christians, and proponents of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. So if you are in a pinch and need some good energy just request an orison. It may go against your beliefs, but it will just be easier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment