Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Purlieu

purlieu

\ PUR-loo \  , noun;
1.A place where one may range at large; confines or bounds.
2.A person's haunt or resort.
 
Your mansion, house, apartment, shanty, cardboard box or purlieu in general can say a lot about your personality. Chances are if you have a guitar and a large music collection you're a musician. Paint supplies? You're dealing with an artist. Just as guitars and easels say something about you and yours, my  purlieu also says something about me - I'm poor. 
 
You might notice by the mismatching furniture, the tube television, or the empty Ramen containers strewn about. Needless to say, it all leads to the same place. Which is a shame really, because I have the most beautiful banker in the world. I mean really, she is as cute as a button. But there is simply no way that she would ever go out with me. After all, she has access to my bank accounts. You can't flirt your way out of an over draft fee. 
 
Although my purlieu is nothing fancy, nothing to show off or brag about, it is where I am able to write to you from, and that's enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment