Monday, July 18, 2011

remunerate

remunerate

\rih-MYOO-nuh-rate\ , transitive verb;

1.To pay an equivalent to for any service, loss, or expense; to recompense.

2.To compensate for; to make payment for.
In Ohio it is illegal to drive without car insurance. Ultimately this is a good thing, as it forced people to be financially responsible in the event they are at fault for a car accident. The only catch is that insurance companies really enjoy taking my money but do not enjoy giving any of it back when I file a claim. Not only that, but if I actually were to file a claim, they would simply raise the amount of money I need to give them every month. I wish I had life figured out the way insurance companies have getting my money figured out. 
It's the only product that you buy it in hopes of never having to use it. It's certainly the only product I can think of that if you do use it, they actually give you a hard time and raise the price of it. It's like buying a bottle of water and the clerk saying "Well the bottled water is $1, but if you're actually going to drink it then it's $1.25." 

I walked outside one morning on my way to work and found my passenger side window has been busted out and my GPS stolen from my glove box. You can imagine how thrilled I was to finally have an excuse to use my car insurance. The joke was on me.

"Glass? Oh, we don't cover that."
"But I have been paying for this car insurance for over 12 years now without ever filing a claim!"
"Well yeah we cover damages to your car, but not that part of it. And by the way, it sounds like you're living in a pretty dangerous area...we better update your policy to note that. You might see an increase in rates."

Well played Insurance companies. Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment