Friday, July 15, 2011

usufruct

usufruct

\YOO-zoo-fruhkt\ , noun;
1.The right to use the property of another as long as it isn't damaged.
 
Don't bother trying to say this word without sounding German, in fact, don't even say this word around a group of German's lest they believe you are mocking their accent. 
Additionally, this word annoys me due to it's presumption of using another person's belongings. We've all known the guy who wasn't shy about "borrowing" something without returning it. I think it should go without saying that when I lend an item to a person it's their responsibility to return it to me before I actually have to ask them 5 times. Do you hear me out there all you Usufructers (See how German that sounds!?)? I shouldn't be having to show up at your homes in the dark of night and sneak in through the kitchen window in order to get back the salad tongs I lent you for a cookout in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment