Thursday, March 3, 2011

hinterland

hinterland

 \ HIN-tur-land \  , noun;
1.A region situated inland from a coast.
2.A region remote from urban areas; back country.
3.A region situated beyond the major metropolitan or cultural centers.
 
I've always been jealous of men with exotic accents and their ability to sweep American women off their feet with a simple "Hello, I am from England. Don't I sound English? Now lets take our clothes off." whereas I'm just kind of a hick and seduce women with lines like, "Hey there pop tart, my hotel room has HBO, it would be awfully lonely watchin' that HBO all by myself tonight." 
 
But instead of just being some dumb, backwater hick like I always thought I was I now know that I come from a long, proud line of Hicks who have travelled from the hinterlands in search of true love and cable television. I just need to come up with a good accent to go along with my story. I also need to be able to speak in this accent with a large wad of chew in my mouth. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment