Tuesday, April 19, 2011

jiggery pokery

Jiggery Pokery - dishonest or suspicious activity; nonsense.

Although I am a proud American I am not too proud to admit I am jealous of certain things British in nature. The first is the accent. I am under the impression that American women love accents, and being nerdy and socially awkward would be a lot cuter with an English accent. . The second is they have a word like "Jiggery Pokery". I feel like no matter what you get caught doing wrong it will be forgiven if you could somehow work in the term jiggery pokery.

Did the Hotel catch you trying to nick the bathrobes? Just a little jiggery pokery on your part. Husband or Wife walk in on you cheating? Nonsense darling, just a little jiggery pokery. Operating a Meth Lab out of the basement of the local Day-Care center? Once everyone understands that it was merely a bit of jiggery pokery on your behalf all will be forgiven and we'll have a jolly good laugh later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment