Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hogmanay

Hogmanay hog-muh-NEY \  , noun;

1. a gift given on New Year's Eve.
 
A new year! And we're that much closer to the Mayan Apocolypse. I will be keeping busy in 2011 by maxing out credit cards, making late payments on my car, and avoiding my landlord. I don't see any way this could backfire.
 
Before we get to the real life usage of todays word, I would like to do a quick impression of my cat.
 
"Busy busy day today! So much to do. I need to shed all over the freshly laundered sheets, cough up a hairball, stare out the window for 20 minutes, and then ignore my owner until he starts writing, at which point I will attempt to lay down on his keyboard. Yep! Busy day, nothing could distract me from this...from this...HEY LOOK...STRING!...ARGGHHHHH!"
 
At first I was hesitant of making jokes at the expense of my cat, but then remembered that she only reads Jane Austen and the poetry of Emily Dickinson (My cat is going through a "goth" phase) so no need to worry about her stumbling across this.
 
On to todays usage.
 
Me: Thanks for inviting me to your party! I've left a token of hogmanay on your couch!
Host: Dude, that's vomit.
Me: Happy New Year!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment