Tuesday, January 18, 2011

tmesis

Tmesis
1.) In grammar and rhetoric, the seperation of the parts of a compound word, now generally done for humorous effect; for example, "what place soever" instead of whatsoever place, or abso-bloody-lutely.

Words like this blow me away. Just when a fellow starts to think he has a grip on things, that he knows up from down and the world spins around the sun, someone springs a word like this on him and throws everything into confusion. Birds start falling out of the sky, Pluto loses it's planetary status, and the Zodiac signs change for anyone born later than 2010. I mean, dancing bananas! Words like this drive me in-friggin-sane. Oh superb. That's just fan-friggin-tastic. Now I'm doing it to. Go on without me. Save yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment